Sunday, November 12, 2006

BNL concert

BARENAKED LADIES ROCK!

We had a really good time at their concert in Austin at The Backyard last night (11/11/06). Sherry, Rick, Julie and I were rather cold though, as it is November. But, it had been in the 90s the day before. Coldness aside, I really enjoyed myself.

The opening act was a band called "The Mike Doughty Band". I really didn't care for their music too much. I like odd music...some of it you might even call strange...but this just wasn't my cup of tea.

One of the things I like about bands like BNL, TMBG, and Guster is their interaction with the audience. BNL incorporated a lot of material based on the fact they were in Austin. Such as in the encore, "If I Had $1,000,000", they started off with "I would buy you a big Backyard". They also talked about and incorporated into some impromptu songs, places such as the Chevron across the street, the mall next door, The Alamo movie theater, and some local haunted hotel, to name a few.

Julie was very happy that the final encore was one of her favorite songs, "Call and Answer". I was familiar with all the songs they sang. (I think). Anyway, they did a good job on playing a lot of songs from their new album "Barenaked Ladies Are Me", as well as songs from most of their past albums.

I would love to go to more of their concerts. This was my first one...first of many to come. It would be incredible if three of my favorite bands: BNL, Guster, and TMBG came together in one all-day concert. I would be ecstatic.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Eric the Half-bee said...

Nice template, dude.