Sunday, December 03, 2006

Not so warm

This past week has seen a dramatic downturn in temperatures. I was in Pineville, LA and at lunch on Thursday it was in the 70s. By the time I left the client site around 6pm, it had dropped to the 30s. I was prepared though, I had brought some warm clothes with me just in case it really did get that cold.

Some of my friends from Tampa were in Houston for work, and I think they really were glad to get back to the Sunshine State on Friday. That is one thing I liked about living in Tampa....but I do enjoy being able to wear a coat more than a few times a year. I don't enjoy having to shovel the driveway, therefore Houston was a better pick over Dallas, when we decided to move.

I saw on the news about all these places further north (which is practically anywhere), where snowstorms were causing lots of problems with the air and ground traffic. I did used to live in Idaho and Ohio, so I am no stranger to cold and snowy winters. It just means that I had a few reasons for not wanting to live in those types of climates.

The changing seasons are nice to see and experience. I think we'll stay here a while.

1 comment:

Eric the Half-bee said...

Try -2 last Friday on the way to work. Reminds me of growing up in northern Utah.