Thursday, April 12, 2007

Good 'ole Slingbox

Last night, Julie had to come pick me up from the Metro bus transit center, because both of the buses I catch to get there were running horribly behind. The last bus to the Park-n-Ride leaves the transit center at 7:14pm. The bus to the transit center didn't get to my stop until 7:10 or so. I had been waiting almost half an hour for it.

Anyway, Julie left to pick me up from the transit center and take me to the Park-n-Ride to get my car...and we both got to the transit center at the same time, which is sad because we live a good distance away. The plus side was that we were able to take the HOV lane.

As she left somewhat precipitously, she did not set up the DVR to record a show she normally watches at 8pm. (Here is where the Slingbox comes into play. ). On our way home she asked if I could set up the DVR to record that show...which I did. I was able to accomplish this amazing feat due to the fact that my wife is amazingly wonderful, and bought me a Slingbox for Valentines Day. The Slingbox connects to the audio/video of our DVR and our Internet router, and has its own infra-red sensors which you place on the DVR, which all combined...allow for over-the-Internet control (and viewing!) of what is on your DVR. Enjoy your cable/dish/whatever that you are paying so much money a month for, whenever/whereever you want!

Ah, I love technology.

No comments: