Monday, April 09, 2007

Paintball

Where I work, the group I am in is split up into sub-groups. The staff are all split up among the partners. The partner's group to whom I belong is a fan of paintball. Prior to that first paintball game with his group, I had never played paintball before. I remember hearing some of my friends talk about their paintball experiences, back when I was in college. But, I had never been invited and didn't really have the inclination to play.

As the partner picks up the bill...when I heard that we were going to play paintball, I was pretty excited. I like to shoot, but have really only shot BB guns and 22s. I have a BB gun, but haven't used it in many many years. I haven't shot a 22 for just as long. The more exciting aspect of paintball is that you aren't just shooting at paper targets or soda cans....you are shooting at your friends/coworkers.

The first game I ever played was a scrimmage between members of our own group. The next one was our first battle against another partner's team. They claim we beat them 3-2, but we think it was really 4-1.

Well, last Wednesday was our most recent game (my third time playing). We played another partner's team...and, we won 4-1. They won the last game...mainly due to our time running out.

It is a pretty fun sport. I usually dress all in black and don't mind getting a bit dirty from crawling/diving/etc.

Here is a link to our most recent battles: http://picasaweb.google.com/robophill/PaintBall4407?authkey=KPw68lSHoX0

1 comment:

KA said...

Paintball is awesome, it's like adult laser tag.

Join The Revolution!
showmetherules.blogspot.com